What good is fat burning information if you don’t apply it in your workouts?
I can’t count how many people have asked me for advice on how to burn fat, lose weight and shape up. Yet, they basically continue to do the same workouts that haven’t worked. We are all comfortable with familiarity but you won’t get different results doing the same things. Similarly, a great meal plan won’t do you any good if you don’t use it consistently.
I’m talking about changing your behaviors so you can transform your body from fat to lean. It takes much time, sacrifice and trial and error. You will have to change your lifestyle. You should want to—for your health first and beauty.
Here are 5 fat burning tips to shape your body better and faster:
1. If you aren’t burning fat, you may need more challenging workouts. Change your thought process about how you do your workouts. Long, grueling workouts won’t give you better results.
For example, long, slow cardio sessions wastes time and your precious muscle mass also wastes away! Anaerobic cardio sessions, like sprint intervals, have been proven to give superior heart-health and fat-burn benefits. So, stop wasting your time and start building your lean, mean fat-burning machine.
2. Vary your workout intensity with short bursts to burn fat faster. The more intense your workout, the more fat you will burn. Stop spending 2-3 hours in the gym. Quality workouts are the key to fat loss and weight loss success.
Some of you can break through your fat loss and weight loss plateau by varying your workouts with short bursts. If you have been doing the same workout for months or even years, your progress has probably stalled.
Research at Duke University, directed by Dr. Cris Slentz, supports high-intensity exercise for better fat loss.The eight-month study showed that people could lose weight with exercise and no dieting. Those who exercised intensely (especially using interval training) lost much more fat than those who exercised moderately.
3. Devote more time to strength training and less time to cardio sessions.That way, you will build more muscle mass, burn more fat, lean out your body and speed up your metabolism.
Research has proven what I know from personal experience: you can accomplish your workout goals in 20-30 minutes per session by increasing and varying the intensity. It is the best way to burn fat in the shortest amount of time.
Strength train your movements and not just your muscles.You will burn more fat because you will be training all muscle groups. Some call this functional strength training.
If you are strong but rigid in your movements, you are headed for injuries. Body weight exercises are good for improving your strength and range of motion in all planes. It also allows you to work on quality of movement before increasing the weight of the lifts.
Functional training is basically training your body for how you want to live and play. For example, a recreational athlete will train differently from someone who just wants to maintain general fitness. Build foundational body and core strength so your body will hold up under intense training to come.
4. Do full body strength workouts, which will include core strength exercises and total body flexibility exercises. This way your workouts will focus on your “weak links” while training the other parts of your body. Full body strength exercises also help you burn more fat during and after your workout.
Its important to do strength exercises the right way. You can’t burn fat if you’re injured. Performing a strength exercise incorrectly can cause pain in your joints, back or other unintended areas. For example, the squat or lunge should primarily work and strengthen the glutes,quadriceps and hamstrings. If you feel unusual pain or stress in your back or knees, this could signal injury or incorrect performance of the exercise.
5. You need the right fitness plan to be successful. It’s time for you to take positive steps every day to burn fat, lose the weight and shape the lean body you want! Don’t let anything hold you back. Past weight loss failures are just that—the past. Get the right plan and follow it.
You have to be willing to follow expert guidance and feedback to reach your fat loss and weight loss goals. Be willing to try new things that you might not think will work. And, be realistic about your goals.
You will never reach your fat loss, weight loss and body toning goals if they are unrealistic. You can set a goal to look and feel the best that you can. That’s a realistic goal.
Take action today!